Free & Reduced meal applications are available in English or Spanish at all school offices and kitchens. Applications are also available at the Nutrition Office located at 1405 Grand Ave. Glenwood Springs, Co. For more information; please contact Michelle Hammond at 970-384-6007. Call Maria Fuentes at 970-384-6088 for Spanish.

Free and Reduced FAQs

What are the benefits for completing the Free and Reduced-Price Meal application?
Besides having your child receive a hot nutritious meal, it is very important for the Roaring Fork School District to receive the funding for these nutritious meals. Therefore, completing the Free/Reduced-Price Meal Application and returning it to your child's school or the Nutrition Services office is also as important. Roaring Fork School District receives much of its federal funding for students qualifying for Free/Reduced-Price meals even if you choose to not participate in the school meals program. Just by your qualifying, the district receives money for educational needs.

Who will see my application?
We may share your eligibility information with federal education programs, state health and nutrition programs to help evaluate, fund or determine benefits for their programs, audits for program state and federal reviews, district finance office.

How do I apply for Free/Reduced-Price meal benefits for my children?
To receive meal benefits you must complete a Free/Reduced-Price meal application. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so please be sure to fill out all required information.

Completed applications must contain:
• Names and income of every Roaring Fork School District student in your household
• Names and income of every other member in the household
• The last four digits of your social security number OR check the box indicating "I do not have a Social Security Number"
• Adult Signature
• SNAP case number of you have one
Why do I have to reapply each year?
Federal guidelines require that we have a new application on file each school year.

Why was my application selected for verification?
Federal guidelines require us to conduct income verification of at least 3% of all applications on file each year. Applications are randomly selected for verification by our computer system. Within a specified time period, parents/guardians must provide adequate documentation to verify income. If the adequate documentation is not provided, the student could lose free or reduced-price meal benefits.

Why did my child's free/reduced status at the beginning of the year change to full paid status?
The following are some scenarios why you might have changed to a full paid status:
• Federal guidelines require a new application every school year. If you do not complete a new application within 30 student contact days from the first day of school, your children will automatically change to full paid status.
• Federal guidelines require a verification once a year. If you do not submit the required documentation within the verification time frame, your student's status will become full paid.
How do I know what my child's meal status will be?
Once your application has been processed, we will send you a notification letter stating what your child's meal status will be. Please keep this letter for your records.

May I complete an application for Free and Reduced-price meals by phone?
We are unable to accept applications by phone, due to our application processing system. All applications must be completed on the official paper form. Paper forms may be turned in to the school offices or kitchens or to the Nutrition Office located at 1405 Grand Ave. Glenwood Springs, Co 81601.

What happens if I do not return the application?
Your household will be required to pay the full price for any meal your child purchases at school.

Click Here for the English Application

Click Here for the Spanish Application


Non-discrimination Statement: This explains what to do if you believe you have been treated unfairly.
In accordance with Federal law and the U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call toll free (866) 632-9992 (Voice). Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.



Upcoming Events

Vision and Strategic Plan

Click here for information on the RFSD vision and strategic plan.

Go to top